

We noticed that one of Bentley's eyes was bigger than the other and a little blurry. So I took him in and after a few apointments and an eye exam under anesthesia we found out that he has congenital glaucoma. For those who don't know what that is, it is pressure behind the eye that injures the optical nerve and is the #2 leading cause of blindness in the U.S. We are very fortunate though because we have caught it before it has damaged his vision. For now he will just have eye drops until we get into another specialist in Salt Lake. We feel so blessed to have noticed the change in time.
2 comments:
Glaucoma is really scary~ I am very impressed that you guys caught it. Good Luck with everything, I hope it turns out okay!!
Oh, I'm so sorry about the Glaucoma, but I am glad that you found it and can treat it sooner than later. You guys are such good parents. Bentley is so lucky to have you. Best wishes.
Post a Comment